Are you a career development professional or advocate? Do you want to be involved in this project? Contact Challenge Factory today to learn more.
Every home needs a structurally sound foundation. The same is true for industry sectors—especially in times of disruption and uncertainty.
Challenge Factory is collaborating with the Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF) to develop a tool for benchmarking the state of the career development sector in Canada and around the world.
This project sets out to answer:
1. What are the foundational elements that need to be in place for the career development sector to be solid for the years to come?
2. In Canada, does our field have structural integrity?
3. Are there some minor cracks in our foundation, or are there more serious weaknesses that need urgent attention?
By answering these questions, this project will provide:
- An evidence-based, validated framework for understanding the current maturity of Canada’s career development sector.
- A standardized framework for measuring the maturity of career development sectors in different countries.
- The first steps to creating a roadmap for Canada’s career development sector in the coming years.
- A powerful tool for advocating for the importance of career development in Canada and around the world.
The seeds of this project grew out of our attendance at the 2019 Norway Symposium hosted by the International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy (ICCDPP)—where policymakers, career development professionals, researchers, and employer and workplace representatives gathered to discuss the way forwards for global career development.