The Veterans and Small Business Community Challenge is an experiential training program designed to accelerate and enrich small business recruitment, onboarding, and hiring of Veterans across Canada.
Business owners will:
- Gain new hiring and retention strategies and tools
- Learn about Veterans as an untapped hidden talent pool
- Gain a new perspective on a day in your life as a leader
Be recognized as a Veteran Ready Employer, an organization that values what Canada’s military Veterans can bring to their workplaces and are ready to find, hire, welcome, and retain them.
- Gain situational awareness about civilian jobs
- Learn about small- to medium-sized business SOPs
- Sitrep on a business challenge with a local entrepreneur, applying your unique military skills
- Engage with a research-backed psychometric assessment that supports the identity shift that transitioning members often face.
- Gain a gut feel for a day in the life of a small business owner
Plus: All participants who successfully complete the program will earn a Micro-credential in Small Business Acumen that can be used on LinkedIn profiles and resumes.
For organization leaders, the three-module training series will run weekly on consecutive Tuesday mornings, from 8:00–9:30 AM ET, on October 18, October 25, and November 1.
The sessions are 90 minutes and packed full of hands-on tools and strategies that can be used that very same day.
For Veterans, the three-module session will be delivered on consecutive Thursdays from 8:00–9:30 AM ET, on October 20, October 27, and November 3.
Seats are limited for our Fall 2022 registration. Find more details by clicking the button below.
Are you a small- to medium-sized business owner who is…
- …struggling to find and keep great staff?
- …noticing that the ways you used to find staff are not working anymore?
- …competing with and losing staff to other businesses?
- …feeling overwhelmed by all the ‘turnover tsunami’ and ‘skills shortage’ headlines?
- …just tired of how frustrating hiring is right now?
We can help you hire better. Find the right people, right now. What have you got to lose…or gain?